Labels

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Backyard

The skies are weeping, the soil is loose,

Alone I stand at your backyard for you.

The last look consumed, the words never came,

Tell me please, do my words betray?


Repenting at leisure, I don’t make haste,

Your words speak all of it, but I have confessed,

It’s too late.

Why should I weep alone, when it can’t break you?

Always lurking in the dark, light can’t find me through.

The weather chills, and I am asleep.

No need for the fire, in myself I creep.

I will be gone to nowhere, before you find me.

Little absence will be ages, it will not spare me.

Forgive me please, time is waiting still.

At your backyard I sleep alone and the skies continue to weep.

Find me a place in you

The backyard is sinking and I am alive for you.

The world is at your steps and I am crawling still.

Mark my words they are true,

It doesn’t matter how you are,

Still I like you…

No comments: